I ran 3.15 miles this morning and that put me just over 50% complete of my 700 mile goal.
The heat at the end of May and all of June was pretty killer on my running. I made myself run early morning and late evening to keep on trucking.
It is nice to be on target for one of my 2008 goals.
Off to Mexico in 4 days. My good friend Brian is getting married. About 40 people will be at the all-inclusive resort just south of Cancun. Should be good times.
Not much poker in the last month. I have been reading some of the books I have to try and sharpen the mind, but no felt time and very little virtual felt time.
Inspired by several other bloggers I am going to put my heart on my sleeve (so to speak) and list out a few life goals for 2008. Only a couple are poker related, and the rest will likely bore you. Feel free to skip this entry and catch my next boring brain dump in a few days 🙂
- Run 700+ (currently down to 696+) miles in 2008. That ends up being about 3.5 miles 4 times a week for 50 weeks. It should be pretty doable and it will be very easy to keep track of. I am going to use Google Docs and a HTML export to do this. I also have the sidebar to remind me. Hopefully, I will be able to keep it up to date.
- Pay off my Truck. I am on target to have the Tundra paid off next October or November. This will free up a bunch of extra cash and allow me to be a lot more financially flexible. I don’t want to get all willy-nilly with my cash at the end though so:
- Fix my budget. It isn’t a wreck, but it needs some work. I have some thoughts about how to do this effectively. I’ll post a follow up if I get things to be cleaner and more efficient.
- Finally get my garage into some sort of order. It is better now that I redid my workbench and added some shelving, but it is still chaos in there. I want to be able to work on a bunch of projects without having to jump over a hose or my lawn mower. This should only take me a weekend or two, but…
- Fix my damn lawn. It looks like crap. I won’t be able to do too much over the winter, but hopefully this spring I can get it into shape.
- Poker: I am actually going to set a goal to increase my bankroll by $500 this year. It is a fairly modest goal but I don’t expect to have a lot of time to dedicate to it (based on 2007). This counts both live (Vegas and home games) and on-line play. Hopefully I will smash it.
- Poker: Actually host a home game or two or several this year. I have a pretty nice table that I built that has been used two or three times. It is time to bust out the chips and sling some cash.
Have a great New Year everyone. May 2008 be a thousand times better than 2007 for all.